Ultrasound can help you maximize your impact in resource-limited settings.
Butterfly powered the biggest-ever ultrasound deployment for global health, training 1,000 clinicians across Africa to use medical imaging.
About our device.
Scan every patient with a whole-body device.
Assess the heart and lungs, monitor pregnancy, perform trauma evaluations, and many more applications with high patient impact.
Made for learners.
Instant access to over 100 educational videos for all skill levels.
Durable and reliable.
The Butterfly device fits in your pocket. It’s tested to survive drops, and to be water and dust resistant.* Improved battery life allows up to 2 hours of continuous scanning on a single charge. Mission mode allows use without an internet connection.
We are a team of global health professionals always available to help support your ultrasound problem.
Review images from anywhere. In-app video calling with scanning guidance tools for remote instruction. AI tools that help learners capture accurate images.
Our Global Health team.
Butterfly’s team of global health experts are dedicated to helping you create an ultrasound program that is as impactful as possible.
Sachita Shah, MD, DTM&H
An emergency physician and educator by training, Dr. Sachita Shah’s career in academics and the non-profit sector led to impactful research on the value of POCUS in limited-resource settings.
- Team leadership for the Butterfly Global Health Program
- Primary driver for the Gates Foundation-funded 1000-Probe Partnership
- Fosters health equity principles within all aspects of the Butterfly organization
Heather Harmon Donahoe, MPH
Heather has a professional background in maternal-newborn health, global health delivery, and healthcare quality. She has a passion for the advancement of health equity and healthcare quality in low-resource settings through innovation, evidence and technology.
- Manages global health partnerships and project implementation
- Supports business development and strategic partnership acquisition
- Leads global health grant- and proposal writing
Taiba Zahir, MPH
With a background as an epidemiologist, Taiba has experience with data, partnerships, and pandemic response, developing equitable solutions for health systems and disease control efforts both domestically and internationally.
- Global health sales and strategy
- Improvement of internal global health business operations
- Partner support activities
Samhita Gaddam, MMS
Sam brings expertise from the crossover world of medical informatics and enterprise program management to deliver global health equity in a seamless manner.
- Implementation program lead for post-sales end-to-end client workflow deployment
- Gates Foundation grant program manager for 1000-probe partnership
- Risk management, project scoping, client success management
Get Butterfly for Global Health.
Please fill out the form below if you’re interested in joining our Global Health program. Those accepted into the program will be able to get Butterfly devices at special pricing. Participants will be required to submit content/media for marketing purposes. Allow 3 weeks for submissions to be reviewed.